Student Support Services
From pre-course counselling to helping you settle down in FMDS, and from post-graduation to employment prospects, we are here to enhance your student life and enrich your learning experience with us.
Student Admission Related Services
- Application and renewal of student pass
- Pre-course counseling
- Airport pickup (for international students upon request – subjected to additional charges)
- Advice and information on accommodation
- Student induction and pastoral care
- Orientation programme for new students
- Assistance to students facing difficulties in adapting to the new environment
- Provision of assistance to disadvantaged students with physical or learning
Education Support Services
- Advice on courses and post-graduation opportunities
- Advice on placement in government institutions or overseas schools
- Advice on registration of external examinations e.g. GCE O-Levels, TOEFL, IELTS and Pitmans
Student Facilities at FMDS
- Printing & scanning services
- iMac computers
- Drinks vending machine
- Students’ Resource Room
Committee for Private Education (CPE)
The Committee for Private Education (CPE) was appointed by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) Board in October 2016 to carry out its functions and powers relating to private education under the Private Education Act. The CPE is supported by a team of dedicated staff from SSG to regulate the sector, provide student services, consumer education and facilitate capability development efforts to uplift standards in the local private education industry.
EduTrust provides a framework for private education institutions to benchmark themselves against best practices and while the EduTrust certification scheme is voluntary, it is one of the prerequisites which private education institutions that enrol international students must meet to qualify for the issue of Student Passes, as stipulated by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
Under the CPE regulations, EduTrust-certified private education institutions are required to adopt the Fee Protection Scheme to provide full protection to all fees paid by their students. All fees refer to all monies paid by the students to be enrolled in a private education institution, excluding the course application fee, agent commission fee (if applicable), miscellaneous fees (non-compulsory and non-standard fee paid only when necessary or where applicable, for example, the re-exam fee or charges for credit card payment etc,) and GST.
The Fee Protection Scheme (FPS) serves to protect students’ fees in the event a private education institution is unable to continue operating due to insolvency, and/or regulatory closure. The Fee Protection Scheme also protects students if the private education institution fails to pay penalties or return fees to the students arising from judgement made against it by the Singapore courts. For more information about the FPS, please read here.
Students can check the status of their FPS insurance directly on the CPE website.