10 Qualities of a
“A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.”
Listed, are the top 10 qualities of a fine leader practising as a senior art or creative director in the creative industry which I deemed worthy of respect.
If you are aspiring to be one, hope this list would serves as a checklist or perhaps motivates you to build upon it.
1. You are IMAGINATIVE, and your mind works like a sponge ready to absorb all the knowledge that you have hungered for.
2. You are HONEST with yourself and you are CARE not only for yourself but others too.
3. You are CONFIDENT and even on days when you encounter setbacks, you are able to stay calm and self-assured, and can even encourage the team to do better.
4. You are COMMITTED and expect your team to work as hard as you do. You lead by example, and you are a do-er, not a talk-er.
5. You are OPTIMISTIC and ready to face the challenges ahead treating it as a mere test of your capability.
6. You are a THINKER, and always attempts to offer ‘out of box’ creative solutions.
7. You INSPIRE your teammates through you vision and dedication in honing your design skills.
8. You display strong EMPATHY connecting you with others easily. You enjoy taking the lead when working in a team.
9. You are PASSIONATE in the design trade and dedicated your full resources to polishing your skill.
10. You are the FIRE STARTER in your life; constantly fueling with ideas and passion to make things work; you are the MAINTENANCE person to ensure that things continue to run smoothly, and you are the BUILDER charting new trails all the times.