Diploma in Visual Communication (Multimedia)
Intakes: January, April, July, October
Memories are made sweeter through multimedia design. Enjoy the alluring experience of narrating a story through the combined use of 2D and 3D animation!
Level - Fundamentals
Ideal for those looking to pursue a career as a creative and to fast track their learning experience in becoming an industry-ready graphic designer!
Acquire all the necessary skill sets to conceptualise and execute design works across various range of mediums and design softwares.
About the Programme
Make A Better Story Through Animation!
Infuse your creative designs with a high level of emotion. Portray your ideas through the medium of storytelling using 2D and 3D Animation.
At the end of the programme, you will be able to integrate the lessons taught in this programme and produce a series of animated and graphic designs for an advertising campaign.
Fundamentals of Design
Understand the key elements and principles of design
Animation Film and Multimedia Interfaces
Develop creative animation and multimedia interfaces
Animation Film and Multimedia Interfaces 3D Modelling and Animation
Learn the full process of 3D modelling, from conceptual sketches to the finished product
What will you learn?
Immerse yourself with in-demand animation techniques and be able to generate richly animated visuals for television, social media, websites and other screen-based outcomes.
Explore new image and video trends. Learn how to identify the relationship between culture and image to come to understand the complex activities of constructing and interpreting culturally relevant images.
Experiment with art and type by manipulating or juxtaposing images and words to communicate messages effectively.
Develop and understand the appreciation of social and cultural influences that affect design. You will also examine major events, trends, new technologies and globalisation that impact design.
Digital Graphic Design
Produce two dimensional graphic design pieces to demonstrate understanding of the graphic design software(s) taught.
Mixed Media Drawing and Rendering
Learn various drawing and rendering techniques, as well as, colour theory and experiment with various media to communicate ideas and/or messages effectively.
Acquire specific skills involved in the creation of animated titles, program trailers, cinematic sequences, and TV commercials. Understand synchronised moving type elements, special effects, and industry format and resolutions.
Principles of Design
Learn to interpret and write design briefs, and be taught design principles in the context of graphic design.
Principles of Layout
Develop an understanding and appreciation for basic principles of layout such as balance, contrast, rhythm, repetition, proportion, and others.
Short Film Production
Learn the art of narrative short film, including dramatic and visual elements, theme and focus, acting directional style. You will be taught to direct, shoot, and edit short films, which will be eventually screened, reviewed and critiqued.
Sound for Screen and Multimedia
Experience digital multi-track recording practices for various outcomes like television, radio, interactive content and animation. You will produce soundtracks that can be used copyright free, and also record and manipulate sound effects required for contextual and environmental purposes.
Typography for Design
Explore the application of two-dimensional and three-dimensional type designs and the influence of colour on typography design.
You will be taught how to analyse a websites’ content and style, and identify elements of a good website design. You will also learn basic coding language and styles that will enable you to produce a simple, visually appealing and functional website.
SGD $12,095 (Inclusive of GST)
January, April, July, October
Full Time: 18 months, 5 days a week
Part Time: 18 months, 3 days a week
- Multimedia Designer
- Animation Artist
- Freelance Animation and Multimedia Designer
- Content Creator
- Applicants will be enrolled directly into Advanced Diploma programmes if they meet the following criteria:
- Singaporean and Singapore PR applicants: 3 GCE ‘O’ Level subjects, NITEC or HNITEC certificate
- 18 years old and above
- Foreign applicants: Completed a Grade 10 taught in English or completion of Diploma not taught in English with minimum IELTS score of 5 or minimum TOEFL score of 55, or equivalent
- Applicants will be given conditional entry into Advanced Diploma programmes based on the following criteria:
- Submission of a design portfolio subjected to assessment by FMDS Academic Team AND
- Submission of resume and Letter(s) of Identity from employer(s) for matured candidates of minimum 25 years of age with a minimum of 2 years of working experience in a related field AND
- Completion of an FMDS Diploma with a minimum Credit grade
- Installment and financing plans available.
- Do reach out to our admissions team to find out more about financing your education!
- Course fees are subjected to 7% GST.
- First Media reserves the right to change, modify course fees without prior notice.