Cultural Sensitivity in Design
The diversity in each person is worth celebrating. Good design not only celebrates diversity, but potrays cultural sensitivity.
Level - Fundamentals
Ideal for those looking for an introductory workshop to create designs and artworks embracing cultural differences and potential for international reach!
• Validate design works for cultural sensitivity
• Enhance cultural awareness
• Recognise cultural insensitivity
About the Workshop
Design – A Language that Connects Us All!
Bring about a higher sense of consciousness towards cultural sensitivity as the world continues to connect through the use of social media.
At the end of the workshop, you will cultivate a sense of awareness and empathy to various cultural norms and practices in Singapore.
Graduates from this workshop will be issued a Statement of Attainment for Cultural Sensitivity for Design issued by SkillsFuture Singapore.
Integrate Empathy in Design
Awareness of Sensitive Symbols
Techniques to Enhance Cultural Intelligence
Understand the cultural differences of individuals and communities all over the world
Workfare Training Support95% Funding
- Singaporeans Age > 35
- Salary < $2,000/month
- Training Allowance: $6.50/hour
Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy90% Funding
- Singaporeans Age > 40
- Small Medium Enterprises
Normal Funding$15/hour Funding
- Singaporeans Age: 21 – 39 / PRs
- SkillsFuture Credit eligible
- PSEA eligible
- All workshops are eligible for $500 SkillsFuture Credit deduction.
- All workshops are eligible for Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA) deduction.
- Course fees are subjected to 7% GST.
- SME Sponsored trainees are eligible for Absentee Payroll of $7.50/hour.
- MNC Sponsored trainees are eligible for Absentee Payroll of $7.50/hour.
- Workfare Training Scheme trainees are eligible for Training Allowance of $4.50/hour.
- First Media reserves the right to change, modify course fees without prior notice.