Specialist Diploma in Visual Communication (Graphic Design)
Intake: January, April, July, October
Build your career by equipping yourself with the right skills to create effective communication graphic designs! Take your first step into a graphic design career with First Media!
Level - Fundamentals
Ideal for those looking to pursue an industry-relevant design diploma in Singapore and to fast track their learning experience in becoming an industry-ready graphic designer!
About the Programme
Design is Intelligence Made Visible!
Take on the challenge and groom your creative talents by perceiving what good communication graphic design looks like today.
At the end of the programme, you will be imparted with skills to work on conventional print media graphics, typography and publication design, moving and still photography and other design collateral techniques.
Fundamentals of Design
Creative Software Skills
Idea Generation Techniques and Design Portfolio
What will you learn?
Art Direction And Videography
Conceptual Thinking Using Design Thinking Methodologies
Design Studio Management
Graphic Design Essentials
Learn to use Adobe Illustrator to create graphic designs and illustrations for packaging and print designs.
Integrated Marketing Communications
Mixed Media Drawing And Rendering
Typography For Design
Experiment and familiarise yourself with the various fonts types available and understand the proper application of each to create a well-balanced design.
SGD $9,095 (Inclusive of GST)
Talk to us about Financing Options!
January, April, July, October
Full Time: 6 months, 5 days a week
Part Time: 15 months, 2 days a week
- Graphic Designer / Freelance Graphic Designer
- Art Director / Creative Director
- Web Designer / Packaging Designer
Specialist Diploma level
Applicants will be enrolled directly into Specialist Diploma programmes if they meet the following criteria:
- Singaporean and Singapore PR applicants: 3 GCE ‘O’ Level subjects including English with minimum C6 grade for each subject, or equivalent
- 18 years old and above
- Foreign applicants: Completion of Grade 10 taught in English or completion of Grade 10 not taught in English with minimum IELTS score of 5 or minimum TOEFL score of 55, or equivalent
Applicants will be given conditional entry into Specialist Diploma programmes based on the following criteria:
- Submission of a design portfolio subjected to assessment by FMDS Academic Team AND
- Submission of resume and Letter(s) of Identity from employer(s) for matured candidates of minimum 25 years of age with a minimum of 2 years of working experience in a related field AND
- Completion of the FMDS Design Foundation programme with a minimum Credit grade
- Installment and financing plans available.
- Do reach out to our admissions team to find out more about financing your education!
- Course fees are subjected to 7% GST.
- First Media reserves the right to change, modify course fees without prior notice.